Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Little Pity Party

Who doesn't need a little pity party every now and then?

My youngest one was born with tummy issues. It has taken a little time and tons of vomit, on everything, to figure out that he is sensitive to milk, eggs, nuts, and soy. We think. Really, isn't it just a guessing game when they are this young?

I am cutting those four ingredients out of my diet so I can continue to nurse him. I am having a really hard time doing this. These ingredients are hidden in everything! I am learning new things to eat and enjoy. I am trying to cook from scratch more, which I am horrible at.

One little hiccup got in the way. My oven gave out. Okay, I thought, we can just cook on the stove, microwave, and crockpot. Right? Only, my stovetop gave out the next day.

So we shopped around, talked about options, and looked at finances. Finally, Wen picked out our stove and ordered it all. It will arrive a little over 2 weeks after the stove first gave out.

Two weeks without a stove or oven right when I learn I cannot eat most the things I was used to and had to find new recipes. Two weeks of microwaved foods and my very limited ability to eat take-out. I did a ton of research on restaurants and recipes.

My mom let me come over to cook at her house while she loved on the kids. Okay, while she loved on the baby mostly. I realized I liked having someone to hand the baby off to while I cook up many meals at a time.

The day I have been dreading since he was born is upon me as well. I have to start work on Friday. I know I don't have to actually leave the baby to start work but my life is about to get a whole lot more stressful and chaotic.

So there. My little pity party. I know my life is blessed beyond words but sometimes I wish it were a little easy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment