Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

We've Come So Far

My sweet Ainzley visited the dentist with a smile on her face.
 
 
{Sigh}
 
We have come so far with her. Really.
 
When she was a baby and into her toddler years, she screamed whenever anyone approached her. She screamed and hid by me if strangers tried to talk to her. She screamed for so long after they left that it took forever to calm her. I would hide her face into my chest when people came up to us to try to keep people from talking to her.
 
She once screamed through an entire doctor appointment. Even though she had met the doctor several times. Even though we had talked about her being a big girl. Even though she had managed to smile at the doctor at a previous appointment for someone else. She screamed through the whole thing.
 
Watching her sit happily in the dentist chair and let them actually clean her teeth was just amazing. She has come so far. She has worked so hard on her fears and insecurities. I am just so proud!
 
I am also thankful that I no longer have to talk over her screams to meet with the doctor or hide her face in my chest to prevent a fit!

5 comments:

  1. Those days must be very hard for you and your daughter. I'm glad that it has ended now. She's a big girl already and screaming is not her thing anymore. Now, you can keep her teeth healthy without getting into trouble. You should be proud!

    Gus Eckles @Dr. Thomas Seal DDS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does really well at the dentist now and works hard to keep her teeth clean!

      Delete
  2. I wonder if you ever allow her to watch you during your dental checkups. It will be a great motivation when she sees that the dentist won’t do any harm. It's almost been a year now, I’m sure you have lots of proud mommy moments when it comes to your daughter’s dental appointments. How is she now? :)

    Dominic Woods @ GRMetroDental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is doing so well now! She takes care of her teeth really well and sits for the dentist pretty well. She has watched me and her siblings during our checkups and I think that helped.

      Delete