Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Not Dreaming Of Baby Names

This little man. {Swoon} He is so stinkin cute. Sometimes I look at my crew and just cannot believe that I have 4 children. Four beautiful, healthy, amazing children call me mom. It does not seem possible. How did I become so deserving of such a grand life?
 
 
When I was little, my dream was to be a wife and mom. Sure, I had other things I thought about. I wanted to be a pediatrician for a while. I knew I was meant to care for children and a husband though. I just knew it. Wen, however, was not so keen on children. He loves his kids and would die for them but parenting is much harder for him than me. Oh, how far he has come.

 
{Sucking his two little fingers. Could you just fall over from the cuteness?}
 
Back when we had 2 kids, we said we were done. Haha. Then #3 came along and we said we were done for sure that time. I even had some health issues that would possibly prevent me from having any more children. I knew we were done. I still dreamed of baby names. I wrote cute little names on a piece of paper, doodling away thoughts of another little one. We were making future plans for the 3 we had. We were both okay with it but there was something tugging at me.

 
Then #4 popped up. We were scared (my health issues do not help anything around here) and worried about how we could do it financially. (um, who isn't scared about the finances and children??)
 
He came and brought such joy to our lives. I look at his tiny eyes and cannot imagine life without him. I also cannot believe he is here sometimes. Honestly, I look at him and get this huge rush of emotion, like a wave, over my heart. It just seems impossible that I was given these four beautiful babies. I was offered the chance to raise four little souls. How is that possible? I am still in awe that this is my life. A life greater than I imagined.
 
I just realized today (and the real point of this post before I got so chatty) that I don't dream of baby names anymore. It was an interesting realization. I have always kind of dreamed of baby names. Not anymore. Four kids call me mom. It just kind of blows my mind that I have these gifts.

5 comments:

  1. love it :) and what amazing kids you have

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a baby that sucks his fingers too! Your baby is a doll! I love how grateful you are for your children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are incredibly blessed dear Tina!

    ReplyDelete