Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Not Apologizing

I hear it so often throughout my conversations with fellow parents. 

I'm sorry. 

I'm sorry my kid played so long.
I'm sorry for the mess in the background of the pic.
I'm sorry he is screaming in the background. 
I'm sorry her face is messy. 
I'm sorry I have to get off the phone to deal with the kids. 
I'm sorry I'm in my sweat pants with messy hair.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. 

You know what? I'm not sorry. I'm not apologizing.

And I don't want to hear others apologize either. 

This is life. Raising our kids, loving on them, guiding them, making messes and friends.  It gets crazy and hectic and it is totally worth it!

I'm not apologizing for the mess in the background of that pic. I'm taking time to capture that smile and take note of that neat creation. 

I'm not apologizing for getting off the phone because my baby needs my attention. 

I'm not apologizing for my kids having a blast, even if it means they played all day at my house, at your house, at nana's house. One day they will be roped into this adult life with bills, chores, jobs, and headaches! 

I'm not apologizing for the messy face! The caked on marshmellow is adorable when you are 1! When else in life are you going to be able to pull that off!?

I'm not apologizing for the noise. Make some noise and soak it up, my babies. Enjoy life. 

I'm not apologizing for my appearance or the amount of pictures I take and post. It is me. This is who I am and I am choosing to embrace me, love me for me, and enjoy this amazing life I have been blessed with. 

I'm not apologizing and neither should you.

1 comment: