Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

That Mother of Mine


That mother of mine sure loves us. She drapes my children with kisses, hugs, and love galore.
 
 
 She was never the play-barbies-with-us, cook-from-scratch, read-to-us, or discipline-gently kind of mama. But, she poured on the love. She held me tight and told me things would be okay. She told me I was beautiful, smart, and kind. She told me I was such a special person repeatedly. She worked hard to build me up and fill my bucket.
 
 
 She is proving to be an amazing nana. She is more gentle, patient. She adores these children with her whole heart. She carves time for them, plays board games with them, and fills their buckets.
 
 
She does a great job of filling mine and my sister's buckets too! :) It is nice to know she appreciates the way we are raising her grandkids.
 
 
She and my dad are not together but it was so nice to get a picture of them with all their grandchildren together. Putting differences aside for the love of kids. Sweet.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment