Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Holidays Always Sneak Up On Me

I know holidays fall on the same time each year. I know there is no changing that. Somehow, though, they always seem to sneak up on me!
 
I tell myself every year that I will be prepared for the next holiday and it never happens.
 
I even have Chinese lanterns I could have hung for celebrations this year. I know of cute crafts I could have done with the kids this year.
 
Yet, I prepared nothing. :)
 
That is just me.
 
Wen and I were talking late last night, laughing 'til I cried, stayed up way too late. Anyway, he mentioned that it was Chinese New Year the next day and that we should snap a family photo all wearing red. OOOH, you know I was all over that. Wen hates his picture being taken but he is smiling more in pics to appease me.
 
{I am loved, oh so loved}
 
We were busy all day, working, taking care of sweet baby (which is a massive job itself), chores, and grocery shopping. Forgot all about the picture. I remembered late, like after some were already in pjs! I asked all to please throw on some red and have a seat.
 
Everyone smiled nicely for me and made my heart happy!
 
 
From our family to your family, Happy Chinese New Year.
 
May you have a lovely year full of joy, kindness, and love.
 
{Maybe one day I will be prepared}

No comments:

Post a Comment