Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Job Well Done

We have been working really hard on being thankful for the food laid in front of us and not fussing about it. Really hard.

Okay, the truth is that this mama got her feelings really hurt after too many "yuck," "eww," and the dreaded gag noises! I had enough. I had cooked one night with a particularly fussy baby on my hip and the meal was hard to make. I made this particular meal because I thought the kids would love it and they all turned their noses up at the delicious soup their father had spent the day making.

I lectured them all on being kind, respectful, and to please just stop hurting my feelings. I reminded them that I am only human and that I would prefer that they just try the food, decide what they think, and move on. The end. No need to bring the running commentary describing their dislike for my food in detail.

It helped along with several reminders to please be more polite!

So, I served some new chicken chili.

{Back Story: Okay, I am avoiding beef due to Dax's allergies. I asked Wen to get me ground turkey for our chili (cause I was craving chili). He picked up turkey breakfast sausage by accident instead. So, I boiled some chicken, put it in the food processor to grind it up, then put that into the chili. I think it is yummy!}

Back to my story. I laid the food out in front of them. I asked them to please taste it nicely, eat what they wanted on their plates, and be polite. We chatted a little.

I complimented Ainzley on finishing the chili and thanked her for being kind. (This girl is probably the most vocal about her dislikes of most foods.)

I then turned to Brijet and realized she had eaten her whole bowl of vegetables. I complimented her for eating all the veggies without complaint.

Ainzley responded, " Good job, Ainzley, on eating all of your chili. You ate the whole bowl!" 

Guess she had forgotten I already complimented her.

No comments:

Post a Comment