Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Really Rough Start

 
 
This sweet girl has had an incredibly rough start to kindergarten. She has spent more time crying over the last few weeks than not crying. We have counselors helping. We have tried all the tricks we can think of. I honestly thought it would last forever. I was feeling so awful for her and like I was failing as a mom. It was really draining on both of our parts. She just said she missed me. She cried from the moment she woke up until she was in school for a while. She was fine coming out of school but the crying would start again in the evening and sometimes she would even wake up crying that she would miss me. It seemed so traumatic.
 
I am happy to report that she had no tears this morning. She just woke up and said she was fine. Wow! I was so relieved. She walked into the school with the counselor and a smile on her face. She happily said bye mommy. Bye mommy. What sweet words. I have no idea what changed. I had a list of counselors/therapists I was ready to call and make appointments with. I was so worried about her.
 
This mama gig is some hard stuff, totally worth it, but so hard on the heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment